Birth Location Search Help
How The Search Works
- Typing in 3 or more characters begins the location search.
- City / town must come first in your search string. Matching happens from left to right.
- Appending county, state, or country will further refine the search results.
- City / town must match first, but any level (state, country) can be appended to refine results.
- Typically names are spelled out without abbreviations.
Finding Your Location in the Results
- If many results are returned, you can scroll down through the list until your find your exact location.
- Location results are grouped by country, then alphabetically by state, county, and city.
- Clicking on a location result will select it for you.
Location Example: Portland, Oregon, USA
- Typing in "Portland" will return location results for all Portlands around the world.
- Continuing with "Portland, Ore" will return only one result: the Portland in Oregon.
- Additionally, typing in "Portland, United States" will return all Portlands throughout the United States.
Tricky Cases: Cities Named After Saints
- "Saint" is typically spelled out, but a few locations have abbreviated it to "St".
- Try spelling out "Saint" and the name first. If the city / town does not match, then try with "St".
If you cannot find the location you are searching for, contact email@example.com